BMA Environmental Policy Statement
Effective as of October 13, 2009
Brent Moore & Associates Inc. (BMA) recognizes that its business operations affect both the local and global environment. We are therefore committed to minimizing those negative impacts as we strive to be an environmentally responsible organization. As part of this commitment, BMA is intent on following an internal environmental management system, based on the ISO 14001 and EMAS standard, related to all office procedures and production of events.
Through this system, it is BMA’s policy to:
- Identify the impacts of its activities and operations.
- Develop an environmental management programme comprising goals and objectives to reduce our impacts.
- Implement and adopt any “cleaner and greener” techniques and technologies.
- Increase awareness and train staff on sustainability and environmental issues.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable legal and other requirements related to environmental management.
- Review and evaluate progress periodically to continually improve our environmental performance.
- Maintain process documents and records related to BMA’s environmental policy, objectives and targets to prove compliance and demonstrate that requirements are being met.
The following environmental impacts have been identified by BMA:
- Energy consumption through office equipment.
- Solid and other waste production.
- Paper consumption and waste.
- Pollution from team and participants’ air travel.
- Cleaning supplies and other discharges to water or sewers.
- Indirect waste and consumption on part of hotels/partners.
It is our aim to minimize these impacts through:
- Decreasing the amount of solid waste produced by the event, and in the office.
- Reducing energy and water consumption both at the event and in the office.
- Reducing consumption of paper relating to all company procedures.
- Disposing of solid and liquid waste in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Eliminating the use of harmful chemicals in the office.
- Giving preference to products, services, and venues which are environmentally superior or recognized by certifications/authorities.
- After an event, reviewing the amount of waste generated and/or conserved, percentage of travel modes, etc., and identifying potential improvements.
BMA is committed to integrating the established and emerging environmental "best practices" into standard BMA operating practices and to consistently Reduce/Reuse/Recycle (with recycling, given the costs entailed, being the last option). It is also the policy of BMA to communicate our environmental policy to all persons who work for or on behalf of our organization, to ensure they understand our environmental management system and to encourage them to be environmentally responsible.
BMA will demonstrate this commitment by continually improving and making changes to environmental policy, objectives or targets based on management review outputs (decisions and actions), and by constantly seeking additional ways of achieving our goal of being an environmentally responsible organization.
This policy was last updated on 13 October 2009. Brent Moore and Associates Inc. reserves the right to make any necessary modifications. All updates or changes to this policy will be posted online as they are made.
© 2006 Brent Moore & Associates Inc. Reproduction of this information is not permitted, in part or in whole and by any means, except for the purpose of retaining a copy in your personal records.